In a statement in Chennai, Tamil Nadu chief minister K Palaniswami said the fire was caused due to a short circuit and condoled the death
Salem/Chennai: Five members of a family were burnt to death after a fire broke out in their house near Kuranguchavadi in Salem early Friday, police said.
All the five were asleep when the fire erupted.
Chief Minister K Palaniswami expressed grief over the incident and condoled the death of the five people.
One person is admitted to the Government Hospital in Salem with serious burn injuries, police said.
On receiving information, fire fighters rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
In a statement in Chennai, Palaniswami said the fire was caused due to a short circuit and condoled the deaths.
“I extend my condolences and sympathies with the family of the deceased,” he said, adding he has directed the district administration to ensure best medical treatment to the injured.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.