Seldom have we stressed so much upon building immunity as we do today. It is time to finally prioritise health and if we don’t take heed even now, things could be so much grimmer. As it turns out, it does not take a lot of time and effort to tend to your health on a daily basis, and since we firmly believe that prevention is better than cure, we have healthy beverage recipe that you may want to add to your diet today. Our kitchen pantry is loaded with many healing herbs and spices that often do not get their due credit. Spices like turmeric, cumin, ajwain, ginger are a treasure of antioxidants that could help ward off infections, risk of flu and also aide sustainable weight loss.
(Also Read: 7 Best Turmeric Recipes | Easy Ways To Add Haldi To Your Diet )
Here’s what makes this vibrant concoction so effective:
- Turmeric: The golden spice is replete with anti-inflammatory properties that helps soothe discomfort that comes with cold and cough. It also revitalizes you from within. Curcumin the most abundant and active polyphenol in turmeric, is responsible for its strong, immunity-boosting properties.
- Ajwain: Ajwian provides instant relief from acidity and indigestion, a good digestion key to weight loss. It is replete with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Ginger: Ginger is a traditional remedy for a host of gastric issues like indigestion, bloating and nausea. Its rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are prized across the world. According to the book Healing Foods by DK Publishing House, “Its volatile oils have anti-inflammatory properties similar to those of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), which makes it an excellent remedy for flu, headaches and menstrual pains.”
- Lemon: A treasure of free-radical fighting vitamin C, lemon not only gives a zingy kick to the beverage but also makes it all the more enriched. It also detoxifies your body, thus reducing chances of excess weight gain.
- Honey: A traditional cough suppressant, honey also has many antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
(Also Read: 6 Indian Foods to Reduce Belly Fat)
How To Make Turmeric-Ajwain Water
Add a glass of water in a vessel, now add half teaspoon turmeric, half teaspoon ajwain, half teaspoon ginger (grated). Bring it to boil.
Add a pinch of lemon to the concoction, let it steep for 2-3 minutes.
Strain the liquid, add a teaspoon of honey for taste (optional).
(This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.