Actor Rhea Chakraborty was questioned for over 10 hours by the CBI today in connection with the death of her friend and actor Sushant Singh Rajput. She has been summoned to appear for questioning again. Her interrogation comes a day after she told the media about the “unbearable mental torture” of being investigated by multiple agencies.
Sources said Ms Chakraborty’s statement was recorded by Nupur Prasad, the officer leading the CBI team. The CBI is investigating allegations by Mr Rajput’s family that she and her family mentally harassed the actor, took money from his accounts and had a possible role in his death in June. Her brother Showik is also being interrogated by the agency.
Both were questioned separately and checked for inconsistencies in their versions, sources said.
The CBI had, sources said, 10 key questions for Ms Chakraborty, a 28-year-old actor who dated Mr Rajput for a year and left his home on June 8, six days before he was found dead.
The questions she was asked are:
1. Who informed her about Sushant Singh Rajput’s death? Where was she?
2. On hearing of the death, did she go to his Bandra home? If not, why, when and where did she see his body?
3. Why did she leave Sushant Singh Rajput’s home on June 8?
4. Did she leave the actor’s home after any fight?
5. After leaving Sushant Singh Rajput’s home, did she have any communication with him between June 9 and 14? If yes, what was it about and if not, why?
6. Did Sushant Singh Rajput try to communicate with her in those days? Did she ignore his calls and messages? If so, why? Why did she block his calls?
7. Did Sushant Singh Rajput try reaching out to any of her family members? What was the communication about?
8. Details of Sushant Singh Rajput’s health issues and the treatment he was taking. Details of doctors, psychiatrists and medication.
9. What was Rhea Chakraborty’s relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput’s family?
10. Why did she ask for a CBI probe into the death? Did she sense foul play?
Mr Rajput’s cook Neeraj and flatmate Siddharth Pithani are also being questioned by the agency, which took over the entire investigation after a Supreme Court order last week.